Podcast Show Notes
Maybe you’ve heard of other colleagues using a marketing agency or even heard me discuss the branding and marketing agency that I own and run. But does your business need a marketing agency? It can be hard to know, especially if you’re not sure what a marketing agency even does. In this episode, I’ll help you determine whether or not you need a digital marketing agency for your small business, and give you some tips on finding the right one.
Here’s what this article will answer for you!
- What a marketing agency does?
- Do you need a marketing agency?
- How to find the right marketing agency for your business
- How to choose the right marketing agency for your business
- Benefits of working with a marketing agency
What a marketing agency does: digital agency services
A marketing agency can do a lot for your business. Above all, Digital marketing firms help you create and execute strategic marketing strategies.
In the case of CORE Brand Marketing Group, we begin with formulating a solid brand CORE foundation. When we know what you stand for and who you serve, we then run strategic keyword research for SEO to easily set yourself apart from others.
We use digital channels such as websites, social media, email, and mobile apps to create a digital marketing campaign.
Hiring a digital marketing agency is a cost-effective approach for a small business like yours to attract new customers, improve brand awareness, and generate more revenue.
But do you really need a marketing agency? And if so, how do you find the right one for your business? Let’s find out.
Do you need a digital marketing agency for your small business?
Here are some things to consider when deciding whether or not you need a marketing agency:
- Do you have the time and resources to handle marketing yourself? An agency can help you with everything from social media to email marketing, and they can even help you create and track marketing campaigns.
- Do you have a clear understanding of marketing principles?
- Do you know how to reach your target market? They can help you develop a marketing plan with extensive keyword research for SEO and teach you how to reach your target market.
- Do you know how to measure the success of your marketing campaigns? A marketing agency can help you track your progress and make adjustments as needed.
- Do you have the budget for an in-house team? Hiring a marketing agency usually ends up costing businesses much less than staffing an in-house team.
If you answered no to any of these questions, then you may need to consider working with a branding and marketing agency.
How to find the right marketing agency
Here are four tips for finding the right digital marketing agency for your small business:
1. Define your goals. What do you hope to achieve with marketing?
Some of the most common marketing goals include:
- Increase brand awareness.
- Generate high-quality leads.
- Acquire new customers.
- Increase website traffic.
- Establish industry authority.
- Increase customer value.
- Boost brand engagement.
- Increase revenue.
2. Do your research. Ask around and see if anyone has any recommendations. Look for things like client retention rate and agency expertise for what work you want.
3. Read reviews. Once you’ve found a few agencies that look promising, be sure to read online reviews before making your decision.
4. Get a proposal. Once you’ve narrowed down your options, contact each agency and ask for a proposal. This will give you a chance to see what they would recommend for your business, and how much it would cost.
Marketing costs money to do it right – but it’s a necessary investment in your company.
Making the decision to work with a marketing agency is a big one. But if you take the time to do your research and find the right agency for your business, it can be a decision that pays off big time.
How to choose the right marketing agency for your business
When choosing a marketing agency, it’s important to consider the needs of your business.
The agency you choose should be able to leverage new technologies, manage customer interactions, and provide an acceptable customer experience that is able to pivot at a moment’s notice.
But it really is up to you when it comes to what you hope to achieve with your branding and marketing.
When you know that, you can research agencies and read reviews to find one that fits your needs. Once you’ve found a few agencies that look promising, be sure to contact them and ask for a proposal.
This will give you a chance to see what they would recommend for your business, and how much it would cost.
At CORE Brand Marketing Group we invest in a client-facing portal so each client can have a bird’s eye view of their project, know exactly what tasks are being performed on their account, and have full access to all data tracking and goals conversions.
Benefits of working with a branding and marketing agency
Working with a marketing agency can offer a variety of benefits for your business.
- First, marketing agencies have the expertise and resources needed to create successful marketing campaigns. They can help you develop a marketing plan, target your audience, and track your progress. You are an expert in your industry niche but while you have picked up tips here and there most likely, you are not experienced in marketing. So when you work with a branding and marketing agency you work with a team that has a greater depth of experience and skills in what your business needs to scale and be more efficient.
- Second, marketing agencies can save you time and money. They can handle all of your marketing tasks for you, so you don’t have to spend time learning about marketing or trying to do everything yourself.
- They have access to all the best tools and resources that can increase efficiency, productivity, and performance. Of course, you can Google and test out tools on your own. But working with an agency, you get access to premium-level services, software, and analytical data reports without extra charge.
Consider the cost and time to learn a handful of the top marketing tools we use at CORE:
- SKED (social media) $75/month
- FLICK (hashtag tool) $30/month
- UBBERSUGGEST (SEO) $29/month
- Jasper (Ai) $99/month
- Canva Pro (creative design) $13.99/month
As you can see these tools add up fast. As a small business with less than a few employees, you’re often better off hiring a marketing agency that can leverage these tools, as well as their expertise in using them.
- You get a lot more than marketing help when you work with an agency for one fee. You are not only getting a content writer, graphic designer, social media professional, and search engine optimizer, but you are getting a brand partner and strategist at your fingertips.
- And finally, marketing agencies can help you reach your business goals without hiring more employees or adding on any more stress. When you partner with a branding and marketing agency, you benefit from an outside perspective with fresh ideas and experience.
So if you’re looking to skip the hassle and gamble of interviewing for an in-house hire or a freelancer for help with branding and marketing, working with a marketing agency may be the right decision for you.
In Closing: small business marketing
I believe the choice to work with a branding and marketing agency will come at different times for every solopreneur.
But I know for myself it was when I was working too many hours and desperately needed to get time back. I always thought outsourcing would cut into my profits, but instead, it did the opposite almost immediately.
Every small business can afford to hire an agency, especially when you realize how much time it will free up in your day to work on your craft and business expertise.
So if you’re looking for help with branding and marketing, working with a marketing agency may be the right decision for you.
At CORE Brand Marketing Group we do the marketing so you can run your business.
From creating a strategy that works for you to executing that plan and measuring the results, we handle it all so you can relax and know that your brand marketing is in good hands.
With our help, you’ll be able to reach more people, generate more leads, and gain more clients without ever feeling overwhelmed again. Schedule a FREE strategy call with us today to get started at corebrandmarketing.com.
Whenever you’re ready, there are 3 ways I can help you:
- Stay on top of your Content Strategy and keep your Ideal Clients Engaged here.
- Design a Memorable Brand Identity to Instantly Stand Out from Competition here.
- Hire us to Build a Done-For-You Digital Marketing Funnel to get your Brand in Front of New People. (Booked out 4-6 weeks)
Since I share awe-inspiring resources and must-have products for business builders like you who want to streamline their business – my content may contain affiliate links for products I use and love. If you take action (i.e. subscribe, make a purchase) after clicking one of these links, I’ll earn a small commission. While it has no effect on your pricing, it’s my responsibility to let you know that an income (however small or large it may be) is made from recommending products I love, use, and share with other awesome people like yourself. With your support, I’m able to commit time to this blog and to each of you on your journey!